Fireworks Safety Tips
Fireworks are meant to bring fun and excitement to your special events. They can be a great way to enjoy time with friends and family, as long as they are used safely. At Alamo Fireworks, we want all of our customers to have the best and safest experience possible when using our products. Follow these firework safety tips to ensure that you get the most enjoyment out of your firework fun without any accidents.
Educate Your Kids
First and foremost, fireworks are intended to be handled by adults, not young children. Even sparklers can burn, making it crucial that fireworks are only used with adult supervision. Teach your kids the following tips to help keep your family fireworks fun, and most importantly, safe:
- Never light a firework by yourself. Fireworks should only be used when with an adult.
- Don’t pick up or relight “dud” fireworks. If a firecracker or other product does not function, leave it on the ground for at least 20 minutes. An adult should pick it up and douse it in water once it is safe to do so.
- Fireworks are only for outdoors. Lead by example by only using fireworks outdoors and away from any building or vehicle.
- Keep a bucket of water near. All fireworks should be put in a bucket of water after they are used, whether it is a mortar or a sparkler.
Adult Firework Safety
It is not just kids that need to be safe around fireworks. Adults need to follow safety precautions to ensure they are using fireworks as intended. Here are a few tips to ensure that everyone has a great firework experience this summer:
- Only buy legal fireworks. There are always ways to get fireworks that are not legal; however, there is a reason these products are not legalized. Stay safe by only purchasing legal fireworks from legitimate firework dealers, like our many Alamo Fireworks locations.
- Wear safety glasses or goggles. When lighting fireworks, protect your eyes from sparks with safety glasses.
- Light one firework at a time. Yes, it is fun to watch several fireworks go off at a time. That is why professional firework displays are so great to watch. Leave it to the professionals and only light one product at a time for your safety.
- Never drink alcohol and light fireworks. Save your beer or cocktails until after you light your fireworks. Explosives and alcohol are a recipe for disaster.
- Follow the instructions. All fireworks have instructions on how to safely use them. Be responsible and follow the recommended procedures for lighting your fireworks.
If used correctly and safely, fireworks can be a fantastic way to celebrate any event. Always follow your local laws regarding firework use and stay away from illegal or homemade fireworks that can be dangerous. Visit one of our many Alamo Fireworks locations to find safe, legal fireworks that will be fun for the entire family.
(This article originally appeared in our blog at http://www.alamofireworks.com/news/keep-calm-and-firework-on-safety-tips.)