One of the reasons we all love fireworks is the shocking bang and booms these festive items make. They’re a great way to celebrate holidays and special occasions. However, fireworks can also be dangerous if mishandled or if there is a technical malfunction. At Alamo Fireworks, we want all our patrons to enjoy our products safely, so here are a few tips on how to stay safe.
- Keep kids at a safe distance. Fireworks should always be handled by adults and when it comes to watching the show, kids should be kept a safe distance away. Create a safe, flat area with no combustible materials nearby to light off fireworks with children and other spectators safely away from the direct noise.
- Only use fireworks outdoors. The area should be clear and far away from anything things like vehicles, buildings, trees or foliage.
- Keep pets in a safe area. Many animals may be frightened by the sound of fireworks, so make sure they aren’t near fireworks that could hurt them or make them run away.
- If a firework does not go off after lighting, wait about 20 minutes. Do not try to relight it, instead soak it in water and dispose of it in a metal trashcan.
- Follow local and state laws regarding the possession and use of fireworks. They are there for a reason.
- Light only one firework at a time.
- Do not consume fireworks while lighting fireworks. Alcohol and fireworks don’t mix.
Fireworks are a wonderful addition to any celebration as long as you follow some simple safety rules to protect your family. At Alamo Fireworks, we have a fantastic selection of all your favorite festive items, from novelties like snakes and sparklers to large explosive entertainment like aerial cakes and missiles. For your next big event, shop our catalog online or visit one of our stores!